Ji Chang Wook Offered Starring Role in “LUCA”

LUCA Korean Drama - Ji Chang Wook

Oooh, Ji Chang Wook (Melting Me Softly) is already considering his next project! He has been offered the starring role in the upcoming Korean drama LUCA, short for Last Universal Common Ancestor. LUCA focuses on genetics and the idea that all species descended from a common ancestor.

The drama comes from the writer of The Package and Chuno and the PD of The Guest and Voice. It is planning to have 12 episodes and air in 2020 on tvN.

I would certainly be happy to see Ji Chang Wook in another drama so soon! It sounds like an interesting project, and I’ll be anxious to see if he accepts.

Copyright © 2015-2019 by Kdrama Kisses

This entry was posted in News and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to Ji Chang Wook Offered Starring Role in “LUCA”

1. Kate says:

Sounds interesting! Will surely tune in! Only a few eps into Melting me softly and enjoying it so far despite the low ratings. It wouldn’t be the first time I’ve liked something that the SK market did not.

That it does! I’ll be looking forward to hearing more about it. I’m 10 eps into Melting Me Softly and still loving it 🙂 Apparently, a lot of international fans don’t like it either. I’ll be curious to see exactly why once I finish it. I know what you mean, I’ve had my fair share of dramas that I loved and most others hated.

• Kate says:

Based only on seeing thru ep 6 so far I suspect the viewer dislike might be because the story is lacking punch. They seem to be treading water and nothing new is happening. I’ll still watch ’til the end because JCW but he deserves better. I hope the new venture is worthy of him 🙂

Hmm, I wonder if that’s it. Though I do think the story isn’t particularly hard hitting, I haven’t felt like it was slow or wasn’t moving forward. It helps a lot that I find all of the characters hilarious, so I’m pretty content just watching them be funny, hehe. I’ll probably finish it tomorrow, so then I’ll go find out everything everyone hates about it, lol. I’m also loving Ji Chang Wook in this role, but I definitely hope his next venture is another good for him 🙂

2. D says:

I love JCW. Hope the new one will bring high ratings for him.

I love him too 🙂 Although I’m really enjoying him in Melting Me Softly, I hope his next drama is more of a success for him with better ratings.

• D says:

I’m watching Melting Me Softly too. It’s ok so far. It’s not that bad but I’m influenced by others opinions. I should not have read anything about how bad it is and in which case I would be enjoying it more. I’m not liking some of the supporting characters as they were in Strong Woman DBS and I couldn’t stand their over the top comedy. Although the comedy is so much better in this one I’m scarred from the last one. Liking JCW and WJA though. I’m not liking Yoon Se Ah’s character either. I don’t see the purpose of her character and she has this constant glaring look. It’s really bothering me.

I just finished it last night and loved it 🙂 Wow, finally reading everyone else’s thoughts was something else! I felt like I watched a different drama, lol. I can understand how the opinions would effect you. I’m the same way.

Early on in my drama watching, I would read tons of comments and reviews while watching, and I ended up enjoying the dramas a lot less because of it. So I stopped doing that and mostly stay in a bubble when watching now, and it’s sooo much better. People tend to feed off of each other, so minor negative things can get blown out of proportion. I can definitely recognize the many flaws in Melting Me Softly, but I find it crazy how much hate it’s getting. It seems excessive.

Luckily, I usually like over-the-top comedy, so I found this and the characters hilarious, which I think helped me a lot since it seemed like a lot of people thought the drama should be more serious when it was clearly meant to be a silly rom-com. I thought it was much better than Strong Woman too 🙂

I also love Ji Chang Wook and Won Jin Ah and thought they had great chemistry. It really is funny sometimes emerging from my little drama hole and finding out just how much everyone hated what I just loved though, lol.

• D says:

You are right though. I should just check out for myself without reading what others say. 🙂

Haha, it’s hard to do though. You miss out on some of the discussion and all. I get all caught up on the fan response afterwards, but it’s a trade off for sure. But we just have to what works best for us each individually to give us our best experience 🙂

3. Fanta Diabi says:

I hope he doesn’t do this. 12 episodes is too short and doesn’t allow enough time to develop the story and character properly. He should take his time to choose a really compelling and well thought of script. No need to rush into something just because it was offered.

I hope he chooses a nice project too. I think 12 eps can work, but it really depends on the type of story. This one sounds like it might have a lot going on, so I don’t know if 12 will be enough. If he signs on, I’ll definitely be watching though 🙂