Jung Il Woo and Go Ara to Star in New Historical Korean Drama “Haechi”

Haechi Korean Drama - Jung Il WooHaechi Korean Drama - Go Ara

We have our cast confirmed for the upcoming SBS historical drama Haechi (or Hatch) which is set to star Jung Il Woo (Cinderella and the Four Knights) and Go Ara (Miss Hammurabi). Jung Il Woo will play a prince with Go Ara as a government inspector.

Also joining the cast is Kwon Yool (Voice 2) as a man who believes the upper class of society should defend the weak and Park Hoon (Two Cops) as a court entertainer. Of course, I’m super thrilled to have another historical to look forward to, and I’m pretty happy with the cast. This sounds like it could be a very entertaining drama which I will really be looking forward to.

Haechi is the story of a prince (Jung Il Woo) born of the king and a commoner who bands together with a ragtag group to try and secure his position on the throne. The drama comes from the writer of Hwajung and Dong Yi.

Haechi is looking to air in 2019 on SBS.

This entry was posted in News and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to Jung Il Woo and Go Ara to Star in New Historical Korean Drama “Haechi”

1. D says:

I’m also super thrilled for a sageuk. We have not had many of those for a little while.

I know, three historicals this year was not enough. But I believe we have at least 4 in the works for the first half of 2019. So that in itself is already an improvement 🙂

I know how much you love the historical dramas, and granted it does seem that those are lacking a bit the past months. So…cool to have another one to look forward to 😊

Hmm, Jung Il Woo and Go Ara together? Well not really bad. But instead of a historical which is not really my taste, I’d hope and wish to see them both in a romcom.

Luckily, I really like historicals, so I’m optimistic. But they would definitely be fun in a rom-com together. Maybe that’s something we can get in the future 🙂

• MyKDramaticLife says:

But I still will keep my eyes on it. I like both Il Woo and Ara, especially Ara who did great in Hwarang (9.5/10) and Black (9/10). Plus, this will air on 2019. So maybe I’ll have the mood of watching historical dramas then. 🙂

• MyKDramaticLife says:

And I still have Ruler, Grand Prince, and Hundred Day Husband on my historical dramas list. Have to watch them first.

You do have quite a historical backlog there. I absolutely loved Ruler and Grand Prince (most other people, not so much though, lol). Just started Hundred Day Husband and am really liking what I’m seeing so far 🙂

Yeah, that could work well since it is a little a way so maybe you will be in the mood for a historical by then 🙂

4. I am excited for Jung Il Woo, but I am getting irritated with seeing the same actors every 6 months after their drama has ended. I mean it’s becoming repetitive. Plus, her range of emotions is just crying. Just a whiny rant from myself. I’ll still watch it and probably love it.

Haha, I love how you’ll still watch it and probably love it 🙂 Sometimes we all need to rant a little when it comes to dramas. I know what you mean though. We definitely have several actors that just keep popping up repeatedly. Luckily, I haven’t seen her last two dramas, so it’s been awhile for me. And definitely looking forward to a new project from Jung Il Woo. Hopefully, it ends up being a good one for both of us 🙂

I used to look forward to historicals but the saguks I’ve liked are far wide apart. Didn’t watch any of the recent ones. Neither Jung Il Woo nor Go Hara are particularly strong as actors imho and need roles that really suit them to shine.

Sadly, there haven’t been that many historicals to choose from either, lol. Definitely doesn’t make me happy since I usually do pretty well with them. I heard Go Ara did pretty well in her last couple dramas, but I haven’t seen them. I didn’t care much for Jung Il Woo for the first couple years I watched him, then I ended up really enjoying him in Cinderella and High End Crush. So I’m hoping the streak continues with this one 🙂