10 Korean Dramas You Need to Be Watching in June 2017

Ruler Master of the Mask Korean Drama - Yoo Seung Ho

After the huge amount of premieres we saw in May, June is a little more tame in comparison. But don’t worry, we have a few new dramas to add to our list! Let’s see what we have to look forward to in this June 2017 edition of “Korean Dramas You Need to Be Watching.”  This monthly series is meant to keep you updated on what’s happening in the world of Korean dramas so that you don’t miss out on anything!

Here are the kdramas you need to keep an eye out for in June 2017:

My Pick:

1. Duel

Duel Korean Drama - Yong Se Jong

With a bit of a sci-fi twist, Duel has a pretty unique premise when it comes to kdramas. The trailers have really set up the suspense, and I’m excited to see how this clone thriller plays out.

Duel is a suspense drama about a police detective (Jung Jae Young) who ends up pitted against a murderous human clone (Yang Se Jong) when his daughter is kidnapped.

Duel is scheduled to premiere June 3 on OCN.

BEGINNING IN JUNE:

2. Secret Forest

Secret Forest Korean Drama - Jo Seung Woo and Bae Doo Na

Secret Forest is about a cold prosecutor (Jo Seung Woo) who is unable to feel emotions whose hunt for a serial killer leads him to his own office that is filled with corruption. He teams up with a kind police detective (Bae Doo Na) to solve the case.

Secret Forest is scheduled to premiere June 10 on tvN.

3. The Best Hit

Best Hit Korean Drama - Yoon Shi Yoon and Hong Kyung Min

The Best Hit is a comedy variety drama following the lives of young adults in the music entertainment industry. Yoon Shi Yoon plays a 90’s pop star who time travels to 2017. Kim Min Jae plays a man secretly training to be a pop star.

The Best Hit is scheduled to premiere June 2 on KBS.

4. Woman of Dignity

Woman of Dignity Korean Drama - Kim Hee Sun and Kim Sun Ah

Woman of Dignity is about a wealthy woman (Kim Hee Sun) whose life falls apart after her father-in-law loses his money and her husband cheats on her and a mysterious woman (Kim Sun Ah) who causes trouble for her.

Woman of Dignity is scheduled to premiere June 16 on JTBC.

CURRENTLY AIRING IN JUNE:

5. Ruler: Master of the Mask

Ruler: Master of the Mask Korean Drama - Yoo Seung Ho and Kim So Hyun

Ruler: Master of the Mask is about a Joseon prince (Yoo Seung Ho) forced to hide his face with a mask who fights against injustice in society by going up against a shadow organization wanting to privatize the waters of Joseon. A woman (Kim So Hyun) is also out for revenge against the prince after her father is ordered to be executed because of him. Of course, things get complicated when she falls in love with him.

Ruler: Master of the Mask airs Wednesday and Thursday on MBC.

6. Suspicious Partner (Be Careful of This Woman)

Suspicious Partner Korean Drama - Ji Chang Wook, Nam Ji Hyun, Choi Tae Joon, Nara

Suspicious Partner is a romantic comedy thriller about prosecutors dealing with an amnesiac killer coming after them. Ji Chang Wook is a talented prosecutor turned attorney who suffered trauma in his past while Nam Ji Hyun is a prosecutor trainee.

Suspicious Partner airs Wednesday and Thursday on SBS.

7. Fight for My Way

Third Rate My Way Korean Drama - Park Seo Joon and Kim Ji Won

Fight for My Way tells the story of two longtime friends stuck in the everyday grind of their jobs, but they dream of being more. Park Seo Joon plays a mixed martial arts fighter with Kim Ji Won as a worker at a department store who dreams of being a TV anchor.

Fight for My Way airs Monday and Tuesday on KBS.

8. Lookout

Lookout Korean Drama - Kim Young Kwang, Lee Shi Young, Kim Seul Gi, Key, Kim Tae Hoon

Lookout tells the story of a group of people who seek justice and fight crime after their lives were destroyed from losing loved ones. Kim Young Kwang plays a prosecutor looking for  revenge, and Lee Shi Young plays an ex-detective who is now part of a civilian lookout group.

Lookout airs Monday and Tuesday on MBC.

9. My Sassy Girl

My Sassy Girl Korean Drama - Joo Won and Oh Yeon Seo

My Sassy Girl is a sageuk remake of the classic movie of the same name about a quirky, troublemaker princess (Oh Yeon Seo) who gets involved with a city man (Joo Won).

My Sassy Girl airs Monday and Tuesday on SBS.

10. Seven Day Queen

Seven Day Queen Korean Drama - Park Min Young

Seven Day Queen is a political romance about the love story between King Jungjong (Yeon Woo Jin) and the daughter (Park Min Young) of a powerful politician who became queen for just one week before being dethroned because of her father’s attempted political coup. She gets caught in a love triangle with him and his half brother King Yeonsangung (Lee Dong Geun).

Seven Day Queen airs Wednesday and Thursday on KBS.

AND SO YOU’RE UP TO DATE,
DRAMAS THAT WILL BE ENDING IN JUNE:

Man to Man

Man to Man Korean Drama - Park Hae Jin

Man to Man tells the story of a mysterious and skilled bodyguard (Park Hae Jin) to a top star (Park Sung Woong) who has made a name for himself playing villainous characters. The star is well-loved by the public, but he is hiding a terrible secret.

Man to Man airs Friday and Saturday on JTBC.

My Secret Romance

My Secret Romance Korean Drama - Sung Hoon and Song Ji Eun

My Secret Romance is about a man and woman who have a one night stand and then meet again several years later working at the same company. Sung Hoon plays the cold chaebol with Song Ji Eun as a nutritionist. The drama comes from the producer of 1% of Anything.

My Secret Romance airs Monday and Tuesday on OCN.

Circle

Circle Korean Drama - Yeo Jin Goo and Kim Kang Woo

Circle is a sci-fi drama that focuses on two timelines, one in 2017 and one in 2037. The story begins in 2017 where a college student (Yeo Jin Goo) tries to find the connection between a death and an alien arrival. In 2037, the world is divided in two with one that is disease and crime ridden and one that is a Utopian society. Here, a violent crimes detective (Kim Kang Woo) also works to solve the same case from the past.

Circle airs Monday and Tuesday on tvN.

Of course, there are still tons of amazing ongoing dramas to keep us busy along with the new premieres. I have a lot of May dramas to catch up on, plus I’m very interested in Duel and The Best Hit.

What dramas are you enjoying or looking forward to in June?

Make sure to get caught up because there are more dramas coming your way in July!

Sign Up to receive email updates of kdrama casting news, trailers, reviews, and more.

Copyright © 2015-2017 by Kdrama Kisses.  All rights reserved. This website or any portion thereof may not be reproduced or used in any manner whatsoever without the express written permission of the author.  Excerpts may be used provided that credit is given to Kdrama Kisses (kdramakisses.com) with clear and direct links to the original content.

This entry was posted in Drama Guides and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to 10 Korean Dramas You Need to Be Watching in June 2017

1. kissingsun says:

Can’t wait for Duel, the trailers were fantastic! Thanks for the list!

I aim to check out Duel, Secret Forest and The Best Hit. They all seem like good choices, on paper anyway. On the cdrama side there are also coupe of possibilities – Princess Agents, The Advisors Alliance and S2 of Wuxin (if it really starts in June).

Of the currently airing ones I’m loving Circle. I like Chicago Typewriter a lot too but it’ll end next weekend, thus clearing a spot for something else.

Good choices! Oooh, I really hope Wuxin 2 starts in June! Really looking forward to that one. And it would mean double the Elvis Han since Siege in Fog/Color of the Night is supposed to air in June too (if it actually happens this time). Been impatiently waiting for that one for ages, lol.

3. D says:

Thanks Kay. I look forward to this monthly series. It gets so confusing otherwise. I agree with you on your pick. None of the other ones appeal to me much unlike the ones premiered in May. But then again I have not started yet any of the ones from May so it’s a good thing not many that I want to watch is coming up. Otherwise where will I find the time. 😄

I’m glad you find it helpful 🙂 June definitely has less going on than May. May was crazy with so many great dramas premiering! Haha, I’m like you in that I still need to play some catch, so I’m glad there are only a couple of new ones to add to my list for June. I need to get on it though because July has quite a big lineup too. And we need all the time we can get, lol 🙂

Well the one advantage that I have is that most of these dramas I can’t watch anyway at the moment. But honestly I don’t think of that as a plus, seeing that Circle and Duel both had such fantastic trailers that I simply can’t wait for them. But I guess I have to be patient. (Which is hard). Two other dramas that look almost just as good are Ruler: master of the Mask (that one seriously looks like a big budget Hollywood movie), and Secret Forest (for which I really like the premise). Lastly I am very curious to see how Suspicious Partner will end up, seeing that the trailers for that series were very unique and fun. Great post, and highly helpful when it comes to keeping track of things 😊

Definitely not an advantage! lol But I know what you mean since you simply end up with less to choose from which can narrow things down a bit. But yes, keep hoping for Circle, Duel, Ruler, and Secret Forest. Surely some of them will come. I’m anxious to get started on Suspicious Partner and see how it plays out too 🙂

5. whitsittmeghan says:

Hey, I love your blog! Very helpful for getting my kdrama game ready. By the way, maybe you could add this to your list (since June doesn’t seem to have many premieres) Netflix has a drama called “My only love story” coming in June. It’s another time travel one. It looks cute so I’m pretty excited.

Hi! Thank you! I’m glad you like it 🙂 Oooh, that drama sounds very fun! I love time travel stories and it does look cute. Will definitely be checking it out. Thanks for the recommendation 🙂

6. Amanda Clarke says:

dunno about any other but SUSPICIOUS PARTNER IS THE BEST! A MUST WATCH DRAMA! I’m not a fan of Kdramas but this drama highlights sacrifice, prejudice and humanity. A MUST WATCH ROMANCE!

7. Lady G. says:

I appreciate your monthly list because I’m at a Kdrama loss right now. I haven’t watched much in a while and I needed to sort out all the new ones. I loved Tunnel, and it ended well, but I wasn’t happy with how and felt let down. The writer seemed to have forgotten it was a Time travel drama.

Your articles helped me sort out my list. It’s just me, I’ve been picky lately, so nothing was capturing my eye or attention. Now I have a bunch of new ones. I also love looking for older dramas to watch. Many of my favorites are from 2000-2013.

Hi Lady G! Really glad you find it helpful 🙂 Now that you have a few to choose from, I hope you find a really good one to watch.

I share your sentiments on Tunnel. I really enjoyed it and thought it was a very good show, but I too was disappointed that the time travel element was underutilized. Luckily, it was a solid crime drama though.

I also love watching older dramas! It seems like a lot of my favorites come from a sweet spot from about 2009-2013. But of course I have favorites before and after that time period. I watch a lot of new dramas, but I’m always looking to work in older ones because I love them too 🙂

• Lady G. says:

Hi Kay, thanks for commenting back. Yes, those were very sweet drama years. I’d just come in at the beginning of 2013 as a fan and was blown away. My first drama was Innocent Man with Song Joong Ki. Then I just couldn’t stop watching everything. Over time I developed my taste and preferences, it’s awesome how there’s something for everyone in different genres.

Not a problem. I love chatting about dramas 🙂 I also started watching dramas in 2013! Wow, Innocent Man is certainly a powerful one to start with. It would be easy to get hooked with that one. My first was Full House which I loved. And like you and many fans, I then just couldn’t stop! I too love how there so many different genres and luckily, I like most of them. Kdramas certainly opened up a whole new world for me 🙂