Nam Goong Min and Nam Sang Mi to Star in Korean Comedy Drama Chief Kim

Chief Kim Korean Drama - Nam Goong Min and Nam Sang Mi

Nam Goong Min (Beautiful Gong Shim) and Nam Sang Mi (Joseon Gunman) have been confirmed to be starring in the new KBS drama Chief Kim. Nam Goong Min will play the title character, Chief Kim, and Nam Sang Mi will play an assistant manager in their accounting department.

I am more than thrilled with this casting news! I was hoping Nam Goong Min would sign on since this sounds like a perfect quirky character for him. And I have really enjoyed Nam Sang Mi in the past, so I am really looking forward to this pairing.

Chief Kim is a comedy that tells the story of a quirky middle manager in an office who stands up for the weak workers who have been held down by their company. The drama comes from the writer of Good Doctor and Blood.

Chief Kim is scheduled to premiere in January 2017 on KBS.

Sign Up to receive email updates of kdrama reviews, trailers, casting news, and more.

Copyright © 2015-2016 by Kdrama Kisses.  All rights reserved. This website or any portion thereof may not be reproduced or used in any manner whatsoever without the express written permission of the author.  Excerpts may be used provided that credit is given to Kdrama Kisses (kdramakisses.com) with clear and direct links to the original content.

8 Responses to Nam Goong Min and Nam Sang Mi to Star in Korean Comedy Drama Chief Kim

As mentioned, not a big fan of comedies, but hey I am watching one now (Goblin) and enjoying the living daylights out of it, so pretty much anything is possible. I really like the storyline for this, so that already is a plus 😀

Hmm, not sure I’d classify Goblin as comedy even though I know there is plenty of humor. Guess I pictured it more as a fantasy melo with comedic elements.

But yeah, Chief Kim sounds more like a heartwarming comedy. But Nam Goong Min is the reason to watch. He’s a wonderfully talented actor that plays seriously fantastic villains but then flips and plays hilariously quirky goofball characters with ease. Jung Kyung Ho is one of the few others that I feel plays both sides pretty equally. So I’m looking forward to this performance 🙂

• raistlin0903 says:

In the beginning (at least for the first two episodes) it was certainly a fantasy melo with comedic elements. Episode 3 though was definitely straight up comedy (😂😂) and I still enjoyed it very much. I have yet to watch episode 4, so the verdict is still out on this one. Comedy or not, it still works for me 😀 I have not yet seen these two actors, but from what you are describing here, it will be worth watching this. I might definitely check this one out 😀

Yeah, I usually enjoy the mixture of genres this writer includes in dramas. Glad your liking it even with the comedy 🙂 As for Chief Kim, of course, there’s no way to know for sure if it will be a good drama, but I don’t doubt there will be a fantastic performance from Nam Goong Min 🙂

• kjtamuser says:

The writer for Chief Kim caught my interest. Good Doctor was a superb drama.

I’ve been saving Good Doctor since I didn’t want to burn through too many Joo Won dramas too fast, lol. But I’ve heard so many positive things about it, so I too took notice of the writer for Chief Kim. And I like both leads and the premise, so hopefully it all works together for good 🙂

• kjtamuser says:

I’ve not seen these leads before. There are so many kdrama actors! I would have to watch more kdramas to more of them, but there are only so many hours in a day!.

Right? I’m always amazed that are so many great actors I still haven’t seen and am discovering. So you’ve managed to avoid Nam Goong Min? He’s had a good run over the last year with Girl Who Sees Smells, Remember: War of the Son, and Beautiful Gong Shim. He’s a unique and very talented actor. I loved all three of those dramas, so I’m looking forward to seeing him again.

If you ever get a chance to squeeze in some Lee Joon Gi dramas, Nam Sang Mi starred with him in Time Between Dog & Wolf and Joseon Gunman. They’re a nice pair. But yes, we definitely need more hours in a day to get in all of these dramas!