Memories of the Alhambra Korean Drama - Hyun Bin and Park Shin Hye

We’ve got a first set of teaser trailers out for the new tvN drama Memories of the Alhambra starring Hyun Bin (Hyde, Jekyl, and Me) and Park Shin Hye (Doctors). One trailer highlights Hyun Bin, one highlights Park Shin Hye, and the last one shows some lovely scenery in Spain followed by the pair coming face to face.

They are certainly beautiful trailers that carry an intense and mysterious tone because of the music. Hyun Bin and Park Shin Hye are both looking great, and I really can’t wait to see more of this story!

Memories of the Alhambra will deal with augmented reality computer games that alters what a person experiences around them. A CEO (Hyun Bin) travels to Spain and stays at the hostel of a woman (Park Shin Hye), and the two get caught up in a strange incident. It comes from writer Song Jae Jung of W – Two Worlds, Queen In Hyun’s Man and Nine: Nine Time Travels with the PD of Secret Forest (also known as Stranger) directing.

Memories of the Alhambra is looking to air in December on tvN.

Trailer 1: https://youtu.be/u1v1DmldTmw

Trailer 2: https://youtu.be/3nDtrJDhud0

Trailer 3: https://youtu.be/Os5NXCkYTQo

25 Responses to Hyun Bin and Park Shin Hye in Lovely and Mysterious First Trailers for Korean Drama “Memories of the Alhambra”

Always nice to see a Korean drama in a bit of a different setting. The trailers really do look good. Hopefully we will see a bit of a longer trailer soon, so we can form more of an impression of this one 😊

I really love the unique settings too. And this one really does look beautiful. I can already feel the mystery and tension so I hope they expand on that some in the next trailer 🙂

2. Lovely to see PSH in a drama again.

Waaaah!!! This pairing is such an impressive one. Been years since Hyde Jekyll, Me (10/10) so I really am just so excited to see this oppa again. And it will just be the second time to watch Park Shin Hye in a drama after watching Pinocchio (10/10). So I am hoping also for a great and excellent drama since two actors did really impressed me so much in two of my top 10 K-Dramas so far. Eeehhh… Can’t wait any longer.

I’m excited for the pairing too. I’ve only seen Hyun Bin in Secret Garden, so I’m very anxious to see him in another project. And wow, you’ve only seen Park Shin Hye one other time? I love her and have seen quite a few of her dramas, so of course I’m super excited to see her in this. And the whole story sounds great too. I’m with you, I can’t wait any longer!! 🙂

4. Eva says:

Wow. This seems very interesting. I actually read in one article that hyun bin and park shin hye was initially offered drama where stars land.

So this is the drama they decided to do together. So I’m a bit excited for that. The writer has had an awesome streak with W, and queen for 7 days was AMAZING. So can’t wait for December 😊

I think this drama sounds very interesting too! Yes, Where Stars Land went through quite the casting and name change merry-go-round.

It was interesting that Hyun Bin and Park Shin Hye were offered that, both turned it down, and then ended up together for this one. Funny how that happened. But yes, this was has a lot of promise for being a thrilling story considering the writer. I’ll be excitedly waiting right there with you! 🙂

• Eva says:

It is so cool meeting someone as enthusiastic with korean dramas as I am. Not much people around me are as ummm passionate. Lol.

I think I’ve became been stuck in the system. I’ve watched a lot of dramas butt there are still more to watch. A lot more hidden gems out there.

This year has been great. Lots of dynamic, varied dramas came out. And it seems like all the writers are getting more competitive and getting more better as the years come and go.

I love meeting other enthusiastic drama fans too 🙂 And I know what you mean. It’s hard to find people in real life who are into dramas. I rarely even come across people who know they exist, lol.

And yes, there are tons of hidden gems out there. There are years of old goodies to get through then fantastic new stuff is always popping up. This year has definitely given us some great dramas. The cable networks have really stepped up their game and are delivering some varied and interesting stories for sure 🙂

• Eva says:

Well they do exist in real life. I’m quite lucky to have met a friend who enjoys binging korean dramas as well. And she started really early so she’s quite versed with the classics in contrast to me who just recently started.

I just finished with return yesterday and I’m still at a loss to which show to binge on next. Any recommendations?

Oh that is lucky! Dramas are best enjoyed with others you can get excited with 🙂 Hmm, what to watch next? Well, are you pretty caught up on recent dramas or in the mood for something in particular? The first that came to mind in the thriller genre is Lawless Lawyer which was fantastic. Or maybe something like My ID is Gangnam Beauty for a rom-com. I’ve got a lot of classic favorites that I could recommend if you’re into those too 🙂

• Eva says:

I’ve already finished watching My ID is a Gangnam beauty 😊 I stayed tuned watching to that week after week. But lawless layer haven’t seen that yet so I’ll probably be watching that next. Thank you for the recommendation.
                I’m really wayyyyy behind on the classics. I just started watching kdrama last 2013. Can I ask for any recommendations? Like your top 5. I think that would be a great blog post as well. Many thanks 😊

Yeah, definitely give Lawless Lawyer a try. I don’t love legal thrillers most of the time, but I loved that one 🙂

My all time top 5 are: My Girlfriend is a Gumiho, I Miss You, Kill Me Heal Me, Flower Boy Next Door, and Bridal Mask. There all pretty different from each other.

If you want some other recommendations, I have a page with multiple Top 10 lists based on different genres (https://kdramakisses.com/top-10-korean-dramas/). That contains a whole lot of my favorites 🙂

• Eva says:

Will check that out. Thank you for the recommendations. Can’t wait for my exams to be over so I could start binging on all these dramas.

If you ever want something more specific, just let me know, and I’ll try to help track something down. But yes, those lists should keep you busy for a good while 🙂 Good luck on those exams!

• Eva says:

I’ll definitely keep you posted. I have these moments where I get really lost after watching a good drama. It’s like the bar is set so high and anything mediocre is not so enjoyable to watch. Do you get those moments as well?

Thank you. I need all the luck I could ever need.

Oh I most definitely have those moments too! I’m always scared for the next drama I start after an amazing one since I know it will be hard to live up to it. I frequently alternate the genres of dramas I watch though so at least it’s not a direct comparison from one drama to the next. But sometimes that doesn’t matter and a mediocre drama just won’t cut it after a great one hehe

• Eva says:

Good to hear I’m not the only one hahaha lol. Have you seen the movie on your wedding day? The one with park bo young in it?

That’s her newer one with Kim Young Kwang right? I haven’t seen it yet but want to. I need to find a place with some subs. DF was supposed to get it, but that got messed up. I think OnDemandKorea has it, but I’m waiting on a subscription for them until I see if they get some of the dramas DF had with subs.

• Eva says:

Yup yup that is the one. I just saw it the other day during my study break. I really really enjoyed it. It was realistic and sweet. I like their chemistry too. ummm I watched it in dramabus.com as soon as it was released.

Ah thanks, I’ll check that site out. It looked really sweet from the trailers, and they seem like a really cute couple. I’ll definitely have to give it a look 🙂

• Eva says:

Enjoy. Im going to start watching lawless lawyer later tonight. My exams just ended yeheyyyy.

Oooh, that’s exciting! Lee Joon Gi is fantastic (of course he always is, lol) and the rest of the cast is also amazing. I really hope you enjoy it 🙂 And congrats on the exams ending!

• Eva says: