Jung Kyung Ho in Talks to Star in Korean Drama “Life on Mars”

Life on Mars Korean Drama - Jung Kyung Ho

Jung Kyung Ho (Smart Prison Living) is currently in talks to star in the upcoming OCN drama remake of the BBC series Life on Mars. Life on Mars is a crime drama about a detective that travels back in time after an accident. It comes from the PD of The Good Wife.

Although I’ve seen plenty of crime dramas lately, Jung Kyung Ho plus time travel gets this drama on my radar for sure! And I know he would make a fantastic time traveling detective. So now we wait and see if he accepts!

Life on Mars is looking to air sometime in 2018 on OCN.

Sign Up to receive email updates of kdrama casting news, trailers, reviews, and more.

This entry was posted in News and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to Jung Kyung Ho in Talks to Star in Korean Drama “Life on Mars”

Do I really need to explain how excited I am by this news? Nawww…I guess not 😂😂
    Oh wow, if this is going to turn out to be true that is a series that I seriously MUST watch, by any means necessary lol 😂😂

I just wrote about this too, though I have to say “we are not amused”. I loved the original so I’m not too hot on this remake. Like at all.

I just read your post over on your blog. Considering how much love you have for the original, you might want to just stay far away from this one. That is unless after it ends you hear all of Dramaland raving about how it is the greatest show ever. And even then, you still might want to pass on it, lol 😉

I’ve never seen the original so I have nothing to compare it to. And I honestly think that is for the best when it comes to viewing remakes. They so rarely live up to the original no matter what country they come from. We can’t help but compare and that can hurt our enjoyment of a show that might be decent on its own but not so good compared to the original 😛

• Timescout says:

Yes, when it comes to remakes it is generally best not have watched the original. A good remake or even a good ‘based on’ is a rarity, anywhere. I’m still not sure if I will eventually relent and give the OCN version a go or not. 🙂

Another thing, toting Life on Mars as a ‘time travel’ story is already missing the point as the ambiguity of what Sam’s journey to past really was, though not the main theme, is one of the key elements of the show. The epsodes used to start with Sam’s iconic voice over “My name is Sam Tyler. I had an accident and woke up in 1973. Am I mad, in a coma, or back in time? Whatever’s happened, it’s like I’ve landed on a different planet. Now maybe if I can work out the reason, I can get home.”

Well right now they have just given us basic details as to the plot, so maybe they will elaborate and go deeper into the meaning later. Or it will be just another crime drama, lol. Only time will tell 🙂

3. kwenzqoatl says:

I loved the original and think a remake is great. Certainly enough time has passed to give it another go. And yeah time travel in kdramaland is great. 😀

I haven’t seen the original but have heard mostly positive things about it. But pretty much all they had to say was the buzz words “time travel” and I perked up. Plus, Jung Kyung Ho and I’m pretty much sold, hehe 🙂

4. Kimchi Korner Blog says:

I can’t decide about this drama yet. I never saw the original either, but another crime drama just isn’t getting me very interested. I feel like most drama announcements have been about crime/law dramas recently. However, I do like Jung Kyung Ho as well, so maybe I’ll watch if he accepts! 🙂

I too have been overwhelmed with all of the crime and legal dramas this past year. They definitely seem to be popular. Now I love crime dramas when they are heavily serialized and really deliver a good story. But many just have a loose over arching story and are mostly procedural. That I usually don’t go for as much. But I would definitely have a hard time turning down Jung Kyung Ho if he accepts!