BTS Makes Impressive U.S. TV Debut on the American Music Awards

BTS - Rap Monster, V, Jin, Jimin, Jungkook, Suga, J-hope 24 (AMAs - American Music Awards 2017) Woohoo! They finally did it! On November 19, 2017, superstar K-pop group BTS took the stage at the American Music Awards for their U.S. TV debut. They delivered a powerful and memorable performance to go down in the history books. With an audience dominated by ARMYs and many interviewers and celebs gushing over the boys, they certainly had everyone’s attention.

Millions of people were introduced to BTS through this performance. Remenicent of their appearance at the Billboard Music Awards back in May where they won Top Social Artist, twitter lit up with talk of BTS before, during, and after the show. It’s an exciting time to be an ARMY and a K-pop fan.

While this is another huge achievement for BTS for all of their hard work, it’s also another chance for the K-pop community as a whole to come together and celebrate the increased awareness of this wonderful music genre.

BTS has had a busy schedule during their visit to America with numerous interviews. We still have several big ones to look forward to including appearances on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, Jimmy Kimmel Live!, and The Late Late Show With James Corden.

There’s also the highly anticipated release of the Mic Drop Remix featuring Steve Aoki and Desiigner on November 24. It’s already been an exciting week for BTS and their fans, and it looks like that will just continue!

Sign Up to receive email updates of kdrama reviews, casting news, trailers, and more.

Copyright © 2015-2017 by Kdrama Kisses.  All rights reserved. This website or any portion thereof may not be reproduced or used in any manner whatsoever without the express written permission of the author.  Excerpts may be used provided that credit is given to Kdrama Kisses (kdramakisses.com) with clear and direct links to the original content.

This entry was posted in News and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to BTS Makes Impressive U.S. TV Debut on the American Music Awards

1. kwenzqoatl says:

Next up, BTS will win a Grammy. oh and who knows they’ll release a feature length movie too and win an Oscar while they’re at it. Anything seems possible now. 😛

Yeah, they certainly made a splash. BTS isn’t really one of those groups I follow in any regularity, but even I watched several of the fancams. OMG, the fanchants! So loud. 😁

They really did 🙂 And yes those fanchants! Woah! It’s just great to see western fans being dedicated enough to do them and do them spectacularly 🙂

Currently music is one of my hobbies that is at it’s lowest point ever. I hardly listen to it at all anymore, simply because I don’t have time for it . That said, I saw their performance over in kwenzqoatl ‘s blog, and thought it was amazing. It’s incredible that they have broken through like this. Hopefully this will pave the way for other bands 😊

Aww, I definitely understand the time thing. You should squeeze in a little music though, it’s just an awesome part of life 🙂 I mostly listened to pre 2000 music before I got into Kpop, and now that’s my main genre, lol. So it really is amazing to see my fav group break though. They have such a diversity of music available, meaningful lyrics, great personalities, and fantastic choreo. They are such a special group 🙂

• raistlin0903 says:

Yeah at times I try to do that, but it also is something that I just can’t keep up with like I used to. Well, my taste in music might surprise you as it’s metal. But just as in movies, I also have a very diverse taste in music. Which is why I really enjoyed this bands performance and why I also understand how they are so popular at the moment 😊

I get ya. Kdramas already take up so much of my time and well, Kpop and BTS especially is sort of like a rabbit hole that eats up time fast, lol. You’re taste in music actually doesn’t surprise me at all 😉 I also have pretty diverse tastes in music although I would say that metal is probably one of the few I don’t care for, hehe. But I love pop, hip hop, EDM, oldies from 90s back through the 40s, and lots of others. And I think BTS has a little something for almost everyone with their varied styles. I still need more time though. Where can I get that?

4. shythom says:

I can’t wait to see/listen to the Mic Drop remix! Argh!!! I’ll be at work precisely when it will be released and a part of me wants to blast it through my laptop. LOL!

Me too! The wait is excruciating! lol I’d be sneaking off to a bathroom or somewhere when it’s released if I were you 😉 Or maybe you’ll be able to listen to it softly at your desk. I usually wake up a couple hours after the release time. How early I get up that day depends how much thinking about it keeps waking me up, hehe. But for now, I just keep playing that teaser as well as Mic Drop 🙂