4 Minute Long Preview Trailer is Out for Korean Drama ‘The King Loves’

We have a 4 minute long preview trailer for the new sageuk The King Loves starring Im Shi Wan (Misaeng), Yoona (The K2), and Hong Jong Hyun (Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Goryeo). There is a lot to see! First, I love the costumes for this Goryeo era drama. The cinematography looks great too.

And we certainly have a heavy love triangle in play! We get to see the dynamics between our three leads as friends and then as love begins to pull them apart. Im Shi Wan’s character also has two very distinct sides to his personality. That trailer definitely got me more excited for the drama!

The King Loves is about an ambitious and conflicted crown prince (Im Shi Wan) in the Goryeo era who is looking to conquer. He falls in love with the daughter (Yoona) of the richest man in the nation and ends up in a tragic love triangle with her and his close friend (Hong Jong Hyun).

The King Loves is scheduled to premiere July 17 on MBC.

See the trailer here: https://youtu.be/JXC-u-ehrYc

Sign Up to receive email updates of kdrama reviews, trailers, casting news, and more.

Copyright © 2015-2017 by Kdrama Kisses.  All rights reserved. This website or any portion thereof may not be reproduced or used in any manner whatsoever without the express written permission of the author.  Excerpts may be used provided that credit is given to Kdrama Kisses (kdramakisses.com) with clear and direct links to the original content.

This entry was posted in News and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to 4 Minute Long Preview Trailer is Out for Korean Drama ‘The King Loves’

I’m SO over love triangles, squares or any such pointy objects. It’s almost come to a point I groan and dismiss a drama solely based on that. Why an earth does Korea love that trope so much?!

Well I love a good love triangle! So I’m glad that Korea loves them too 🙂 I actually wish there were more developed love triangles since most of the time time the third leg isn’t really a threat. But give me a good angsty and conflicted love triangle any day, lol 🙂

• Timescout says:

😀 Can’t help it, love triangles just bore the heck out of me. Writers should find some other ways to insert angst and conflict. But that’s just me, forever going against the tide. 😉

Lol, I definitely understand. We all have our tropes we like and dislike. It seems like everybody these days is really into the more slice of life and realistic portrayals of characters and relationships and that’s simply not a concept that gets me excited. I’m usually bored because I like more over the top drama and escapist sort of plots. Of course, I do like them sometimes but they rarely get me anywhere near as excited as the crazier stuff, lol 🙂

• Timescout says:

Even though I don’t actually hate romantic storylines, I have always been more into slice of life. So I tend to like romances that are more down to earth. ☺ And as you probably know by now, The Crazy has me running to the hills. Bad makjang allergy, you see. 😅

Yep, I’m aware of your makjang allergy, lol. I think I developed an early immunity to makjang from watching soap operas as a kid, and I still do to this day. So the crazy kdrama plots quickly seemed very familiar to me in a good way, hehe 🙂

Well, since I’m still looking for my first Korean period piece drama, I’m definitely keeping my eyes out for this one. The trailer really dies look amazing, the costumes look very cool,and so do the sets. The story itself doesn’t sound half bad either. I only hope it will be available for me, but I am keeping my fingers crossed 😊