Nam Goong Min Confirms “Day and Night”; Seolhyun Considering Lead Role

Day and Night Korean Drama - Nam Goong Min and Seolhyun

Nam Goong Min (Stove League) has been confirmed to star in the upcoming Korean drama Night and Day. He will play a fashion-challenged detective. An offer is also out to Seolhyun (My Country) to star opposite him as a police inspector. That role was previously offered to Han Ye Seul, but she has turned it down.

Night and Day is a mystery romance drama about the connection between a mysterious incident that happened in a village 26 years ago and events happening in the present.

Night and Day has plans to air later in 2020 on tvN.

Copyright Β© 2015-2020 by Kdrama Kisses

11 Responses to Nam Goong Min Confirms “Day and Night”; Seolhyun Considering Lead Role

1. kfangurl says:

Mystery and romance! Would it be safe to say that you’re looking forward to this one? πŸ˜‰

Hi kfangurl! So happy to see you over here πŸ™‚ And right you are, mystery and romance are a combination I’m there for. Plus, throw in Nam Goong Min, and I’m pretty well sold! πŸ™‚

• kfangurl says:

I used to feel a bit meh about Nam Goong Min, coz he kinda stole people’s hearts doing zany, and zany and I don’t get along, as a general rule. BUT. I’ve started on Stove League, and he’s far from zany in it, and I’m enjoying him quite well! A nice surprise! πŸ˜€ I’m guessing you’ve seen it already, being a fan of Nam Goong Min? πŸ™‚

Ooh, that is interesting that you more associated him with being zany. The order of dramas I saw him in were Listen to My Heart (conflicted second lead), Girl Who Sees Smells (villain), and Remember (Villain to the max). So I more associated him as villainous characters, which he is remarkably good at.

Then I watched him in Beautiful Gong Shim, and it definitely took a bit to adjust to his zaniness there, lol. But I happen to be a fan of zany and over-the-top, so I’ve quite enjoyed that side of him too πŸ™‚ I know that kind of humor is typically not your thing at all though, hehe.

I’m glad to hear you’re watching Stove League. I have it on The List, but haven’t checked it out yet (it seriously gets harder to keep up with all the dramas every year since they seem to make more and more!). It’s one where I’m interested in it for Nam Goong Min and the baseball theme, but I’m not sure if it will be too low key, slice of life for me. I’ll be interested to hear your take on it, since it is one I want to see πŸ™‚

• kfangurl says:

Oh, yes, I did see him in Smelly Girl, and thought he did well as the villain in that! πŸ™‚ I guess I mean that everyone seemed to fall in love with him when he started doing more zany roles. That was when there seemed to be so much Nam Goong Min love, everywhere I looked, and I couldn’t appreciate it, coz I don’t do well with zany. Tried and failed to enjoy Gong Shim, and decided that was enough. πŸ˜…

Stove League isn’t so strongly slice-of-life, I think. There’s a slight, hm, investigative flavor to it, because NGM’s character is there to fix things in the team, and there’s a bit of mystery in a way, because we don’t know what he’s going to do, nor what he’s going to find, when he digs around. There’s also a workplace / underdog vibe to it, which I’m enjoying. Does that make you feel more interested in checking it out? πŸ˜‰

Ah, I see what you mean. Yeah, it seemed like his villain roles offered him sort of a break through in his career where he was then able to start getting more main lead roles and that comedic side came though. Which like you said, is when people really started to love him. And that’s so funny, Beautiful Gong Shim ended up being the definition of a perfect drama for me (that rom/com progressing to melo mix), and I gave it a 10! πŸ˜‚

Ooh, thanks for the details on Stove League. It offers more pros and cons! lol Not too big on workplace stuff most of the time, but I love underdog stories and a bit of mystery. I think it is one that I will have to at least give a look to see if all the pros win me over! πŸ™‚

• kfangurl says:

Hm, I do think the underdog vibe is strong in Stove League, since the team is the worst performing team in the league for a number of years running, so they’re widely looked down upon. So the underdog thing is built into Show’s DNA, so to speak. I’m only about 6 eps in so far, so can’t report overall yet, on whether I think you’d love it. But there are underdog characters in the underdog team, so.. double positive? πŸ˜‰

Tee hee. A 10 for Gong Shim! You’re not alone coz I know lots of folks loved that show. I was the odd duck in the corner who didn’t love it. πŸ˜›

Well, double underdogs sounds like a double positive to me! πŸ˜‰

Haha, don’t worry, we definitely all have our odd duck out moments. I certainly have my fair share of dramas where it seemed like everyone else on the planet loved it, and I’m sitting here like “I just don’t get it” lol. I’m not sure if it’s worse to hate the drama everybody loves or love the drama everybody hates. Both are kinda awkward πŸ˜‚

• kfangurl says:

HAHA! Indeed. Both are kinda awkward, and I’m well acquainted with both kinds of awkward too, so you’re not alone! πŸ˜…

Hmmmm… could be worth checking out. Just as long as there are no serial killers. 😁